IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. The Mission of IEEE is “To foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity” IEEE Women in Engineering (WiE) is a global network of IEEE members and volunteers dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering and science.
The summit will include Brochure Presentations, keynote addresses, panel discussions, and many more innovative activities in the above listed tracks.
WIE Mission & Vision
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity. We believe in improving diversity in the workplace and ensuring inclusion.
IEEE WIE Strives to:
– Provide assistance with the formation of new IEEE WiE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities.
– Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
– Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WiE.
– Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
– Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
– Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
– Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.
International Leadership Summit
IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Summits (WIE ILS 2023) provides regional opportunities to foster networking, mentorship and possible collaboration. This program is part of the portfolio of global initiatives by IEEE that focus on Empowerment, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Future Technology.
The WIE ILS Summit will be held at IIIT Allahabad, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India on the 15th and 16th of October 2023. It will be held under the aegis of IEEE UP Section. ILS is designed with following tracks: – Empowerment – Entrepreneurship – Innovation – Leadership – Emotional Intelligence, Business intelligence, Emerging/Disruptive Technologies
The summit will include poster presentations, keynote addresses, panel discussions, and a lot more in the above listed tracks.